The Fanbase Press staff is very excited to be exhibiting once again at WonderCon 2017, alongside a number of other talented independent creators! Taking place from March 31-April 2, 2017, at the Anaheim Convention Center, the annual event is a celebration of comic books and pop culture that showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators, and creators of all pop culture genres. Throughout the weekend, we will be reporting live from the convention floor, providing you with the coolest interviews, commentaries, screening details, and photos – along with meeting fans at the Fanbase Press booth (Small Press SP-99), where you can purchase all of our comics and graphic novels! Plus, Fanbase Press’ staff and contributors will be participating in quite a few intriguing panels throughout the weekend that you will not want to miss!
Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press booth to pick up copies of Hero Hotel, Penguins vs. Possums, The Arcs, Something Animal, Identity Thief, and Fearworms: Selected Poems! As a special treat, Fanbase Press will be selling the official Fanbase Press t-shirt in sizes Small – XXL, so that attendees may show their geek pride in style. Plus, don’t miss your chance to pre-order a copy of Fanbase Press’ upcoming all-ages graphic novels, Quince and The Gamma Gals!
In addition, Sebastian Kadlecik (creator of Quince, creator/co-writer/co-artist of Penguins vs. Possums) will be signing copies of his comics at the booth, and Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward of the critically acclaimed podcast, The Arkham Sessions, will be on hand to meet listeners and field questions about Batman: The Animated Series. You also won’t want to miss #WonderWomanWednesday series writer Michael Fitzgerald Troy who will be at the booth to geek out with fans about all-things Wonder Woman! (Fanbase Press’ creator signing schedule may be found below.)
You will not want to miss all of the panels featuring Fanbase Press’ staff and contributors, which will include the following:
Friday, March 31
- 1:00 p.m.: The Growing Popularity of Latin American Superheroes with Sebastian Kadlecik and Kit Steinkellner (Quince) (Room 211)
- 7:30 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Star Wars at 40 moderated by Michele Brittany (Room 1300) and with panelists Craig Miller (Star Wars Publicist/Director of Fan Relations), Michael Kogge (writer, The Force Awakens junior novelization; Poe Dameron: Flight Log, the Star Wars Rebels book series), Daniel Cooney [artist, Star Wars Masterwork, Rogue One 2016 (Topps)], Kevin J. Wetmore, Jr. (writer, Empire Triumphant: Race, Religion and Rebellion in the Star Wars Films)
Sunday, April 2
- 3:00 p.m.: The Arkham Sessions Presents: The Psychology of Animated Series with Dr. Andrea Letamendi, Brian Ward, Eric and Julia Lewald (X-Men: The Animated Series), Henry Gilroy (Star Wars Rebels), and David Wise (Batman: The Animated Series) (Room 207)
In addition, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Writer Russell Nohelty (Katrina Hates Dead Shit, Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter) and Wannabe Press will be at Table SP-43 with artist/creator Andrew Racho (Convenience Store Diet).
- Author Justin Robinson (Fifty Feet of Trouble, City of Devils, Daughters of Arkham) will be exhibiting in the Small Press Area (#SP-100) with copies of his new book, Fifty Feet of Trouble. (You can always spot his booth by looking for the red banner and the question mark!)
- Writer Madeleine Holly-Rosing and her series, Boston Metaphysical Society, will be at Table SP-24 with limited issues of the trade paperback, as well as a brand new BMS pin (antique box camera).
- Sketch card and comic artist Chris Thorne will be in Artists’ Alley C14 doing sketches and sketch covers with additional prints available for sale. He will be taking pre-con commissions to be delivered at the show, and he will be doing sketches at the show (as time permits).
- Geeky crafting dynamo Claire Thorne will also be at Artists’ Alley C-14 with geek-themed cross-stitch kits from her company, An Unexpected Hobby.
- At Small Press Table SP-98 will be Dawn and Clint Wolf of Lab Reject Studios with copies of their Zombie Ranch: Volume 1 trade paperback available for sale.
- Artist extraordinaire Lonnie Millsap will be at table number SP-03 in the Small Press area. On Saturday morning at 10:30 a.m., he will be on the Quick Draw panel with Sergio Aragones and Scott Shaw in Room 300DE. (Don’t miss it!)
- Karate Petshop will be at table SP-52 with information on how to get the graphic novel, Rikki, signed by a total of four contributors spread throughout the con – it’s a talent scavenger hunt!
- Writer/artist Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be at Artist Alley table E50 with the newly released book called A Murder of Crows: And Other Horrible Things to See, as well as the book, Personal Monsters, and enamel pins!
- Independent comic creator Allen Carter of Carter Comics will be at Small Press table 62 debuting the brand-spankin’ new fourth issue of his satirical comic book series, Damn Tourists. Mr. Carter will also be presenting free double-sided Damn Tourist postcards to anyone who stops by his table, whether you purchase an item from him or not.
- Writer/artist Joshua Hauke of Tales of the Brothers Three will be at Small Press table SP-101 with copies of all 4 of his all-ages trade paperbacks!
Please visit the WonderCon website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!
Fanbase Press Signing Schedule
Bryant Dillon (Writer, Something Animal, Identity Thief)
Saturday, April 1
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Sebastian Kadlecik (Creator/Co-Writer/Co-Artist, Penguins vs. Possums / Creator, Quince)
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Michael Fitzgerald Troy (Writer, #WonderWomanWednesdays)
Sunday, April 2
4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward (Co-Hosts, The Arkham Sessions)