Fans were very excited when it was announced that not only would there be an animated feature based on the Batman TV series from the sixties, but Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar would all be reprising their original Bat roles! How cool is that?
Based on the popularity of Batman ’66, DC decided to give Wonder Woman a shot in a digital-first series which has proven wildly successful. So, I give you 7 reasons why Wonder Woman ’77 deserves its own animated film:
7. Cloris Leachman. Hollywood legend Cloris Leachman would surely have to make a cameo as Diana’s mother Queen Hippolyta.
6. Debra Winger. Okay, it’s less likely that Oscar Award-winning and famously difficult actress Debra Winger would be clamoring to reprise her role as Diana’s sister, Drusila, but it sure would be fun.
5. Lyle Waggoner. I don’t know how his looks have held up, but if his voice is still intact, bring it on Steve Trevor!
4. Anniversary. It’s Wonder Woman’s 75th Anniversary. She’s hotter than ever. She needs to be as all over the place as possible
3. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm. Have Paul Dini and Bruce Timm produce it. They’d knock it out of the park.
2. Rogue’s Gallery. Much like the comic version, an animated film could highlight Wonder Woman’s cool villains and give them their proper due.
1. Lynda Carter. What else? With Lynda appearing on Supergirl and already a veteran of voice-over work, it would be foolish not to make an animated version of the ’70s television series.
Okay, that’s it for this week. See you next week and be sure to check out I Am Wonder Fan on Facebook.