The Fanbase Press staff is very excited to be exhibiting at Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con once again this year, alongside a host of talented independent creators! Taking place from October 27-29, 2016, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles Comic Con is LA’s largest pop culture convention.
Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press table (Artist Alley Table H-27) to purchase copies of the graphic novels The Gamma Gals, Quince, Hero Hotel, Penguins vs. Possums, The Arcs, Something Animal, Identity Thief, Fearworms: Selected Poems! As a special treat, Fanbase Press will be selling the official Fanbase Press t-shirt, so that attendees may show their geek pride in style.
Plus, you will not want to miss all of the panels featuring Fanbase Press’ staff, which will include the following:
Saturday, October 28
- 10:30 a.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: The Impact of Latinx Creators and Readers in the Comic Book Industry moderated by Comics on Comics‘ Juan-Manuel Rocha and featuring Fanbase Press’ Barbra Dillon and Comadres y Comics‘ Kristen Parraz and Jennifer Lopez (Room 409A)
- 12:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Sword & Sorcery in Pop Culture moderated by Fanbase Press’ Michele Brittany and featuring Steven L. Sears (Xena: Warrior Princess), D.J. Kirkbride (Once and Future Queen), Nicholas Diak (The New Peplum: Essays on Sword and Sandal Films and Television Programs Since the 1990s), and Steve Gordon (Fire & Ice) (Room 404A)
- 4:00 p.m.: Women on the Dark Side moderated by Fanbase Press’ Barbra Dillon and featuring Megan Hutchison (Rockstars, Will o’ the Wisp), Susan Lee (Wraith of Love, Shadow of the Knight), Maria Alexander (Snowed, Mr. Wicker), and Genevieve Nylen (Manager of Coffin Girls) (Room 308AB)
- 5:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: How to Tread Perilously moderated by Fanbase Press’ Barbra Dillon and featuring Tread Perilously co-hosts Justin Robinson and Erik Amaya. (Room 301A)
Sunday, October 29
- 2:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Things That Go Bump in Horror Comics moderated by Fanbase Press’ Michele Brittany and featuring Megan Hutchison (Rockstars, Will o’ the Wisp), Scott Johnson, Fanbase Press’ Bryant Dillon (Something Animal, Identity Thief), and David Lucarelli (The Children’s Vampire Hunting Brigade) (Room 303A)
In addition, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Artist Livio Ramondelli (Transformers, Star Wars) will be in Artist Alley (B-4) selling copies of his art prints and accepting commissions.
- Writer and Karate Petshop publisher Norm Harper will be in Artist Alley (B-36) with copies of his graphic novels, Tap Water and Tuna Party, The Naughty List, and the Eisner-nominated Rikki.
- Hero Hotel creator/writer/artist Yehudi Mercado will be in The Comic Bug Pavilion with copies of his comics and graphic novels.
- Writer Russell Nohelty (Wannabe Press) will be in Artist Alley (F-24) with copies of his comics, graphic novels, and creator self-help books.
- Writer/artist Joshua Hauke will be in Artist Alley with all 4 of his Tales of the Brothers Three graphic novels, including his latest book Potato-Brained Ideas! Anyone who purchases a book will receive a free sketch, and he will also be selling Monster Postcards and a special All Hallow’s Eve poster. If that weren’t enough, Hauke will be dressed up as Tales of The Brothers Three creator Joshua Hauke and posing for pictures with anyone who recognizes his costume.
- Chris Thorne Art will be in Artist Alley (C-20), and he will be doing personal Zombification portraits. Come by and get yourself drawn as a Zombie. Thorne will also have original art sketch covers and Metal trading cards and prints.
- Allen Carter of Carter Comics will be in Artist Alley (I-27) with his self-published books, Damn Tourists, Cosmic Force, and Mongoose Mondays. New to the show will be Dead Kansas, a comic adaptation of an award-winning horror film, and Christmas Carol Mongoose Mondays, a yuletide version of the popular interactive illustration series.
- Comic book creators Matt and John Yuan will be in the Comic Bug Pavilion with issues of Serving Supes, Inspector Oh, and their self-published Declan and Chang.
- Creator Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be in Artist Alley (A-30) showcasing 4 books (Personal Monsters, Wallflowers and Wildflowers Learn Manners, Sepulchre, and Caligula Imperatore Insanum).
- Writer Neo Edmund will be in the Comic Bug Pavilion promoting the Alpha Huntress books: Red Riding, Rise of the Alpha Huntress, and Fate of the Big Bad Wolf. Edmund will also have copies of his first Power Rangers book, Tournament of Terror.
Please visit the LA Comic Con website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!