Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press table (Artist Alley Table J44) to meet Robert J. Peterson (creator of the upcoming Fanbase Press audio drama, The Odds) and to purchase copies of the graphic novels Penguins vs. Possums: Volume One, The Arcs, Something Animal, Identity Thief, and Fearworms: Selected Poems! (Fanbase Press' creator signing schedule may be found below.) As a special treat, Fanbase Press will be selling the official Fanbase Press t-shirt, so that attendees may show their geek pride in style. Plus, don't miss your chance to pre-order a copy of Fanbase Press' upcoming all-ages graphic novel, Hero Hotel.
You will not want to miss all of the panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff, which will include the following:
Saturday, October 29
- 2:30 p.m.: The Business of Art Presents: Build your Audience Even if You Don't Have a Product moderated by Russell Nohelty with Fanbase Press' Bryant Dillon, Neo Edmund, Joie Brown, Mom, and Lynly Forrest (Room 301A)
Sunday, October 30
- 11:00 a.m.: From Wonder Woman to Elektra: How Are Female Characters Represented moderated by Jessica Tseang with Fanbase Press' Barbra Dillon, Steven Sears, Dani Fernandez, and Ify Nwadiwe (Room 404A)
- 3:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: A Guide to Self-Publishing - Moderated by Fanbase Press' Barbra Dillon and featuring Amanda Meadows (The Devastator), Madeleine Holly-Rosing (Boston Metaphysical Society), Sebastian Kadlecik (Penguins vs. Possums), Joshua Henaman (Bigfoot: Sword of the Earthman), and Josh Trujillo (Death Saves, Adventure Time) (Room 406AB)
In addition, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Writers Russell Nohelty (Wannabe Press) and Michael Tanner will be in Small Press (SP-31) with copies of their respective graphic novels. Be sure to check out Russell's panels, as well: The Business of Art Presents: Build your Audience Even if You Don't Have a Product (October 29 - 2:30 p.m.) and Kickstarter vs. Self-Funding (October 30 - 3 p.m.).
- Writer Robert J. Peterson (California Coldblood Books) will be in Artist Alley (F50) selling copies of CCB's sci-fi and fantasy novels.
- Boonzy Arts Candles will be in Artist Alley (F48) with Wheel of Flame gaming candles for sale, as well as their recently Kickstarted Coins of the Forge line and their pop-culture themed candles.
- Writer Josh Trujillo will be in Artist Alley (I42) with copies of his graphic novels, DECLARATION, DEATH SAVES, and the ADVENTURE TIME graphic novels, FOUR CASTLES and PRESIDENT BUBBLEGUM.
- Writer/artist Joshua Hauke will be in Small Press (SP-14) with all 4 of his Tales of the Brothers Three graphic novels, including his latest book Potato-Brained Ideas! He will also be selling Mortimer J. Moose tote bags, which are, from what he's told, the perfect bag to collect candy in.
- Chris Thorne Art and Unexpected Hobby will be in Artist Alley (M19). Since Halloween is the big season for Chris Thorne Art, his latest zombie prints will be available, as well as all of the original art sketch covers from this years' #INKTOBER. Unexpected Hobby will be there will new cross-stitch kits and brand new geeky patterns.
- Writer Madeleine Holly-Rosing and her series, Boston Metaphysical Society, will be in Small Press (SP-27) with the complete six-issue series, as well as the anthology Boston Metaphysical Society: Prelude and Kickstarter for the Independent Creator.
- Artist Chris Anderson will be in Artist Alley (L18) selling copies of his graphic novel, Lost Angels, for $20, as well as some prints for $10 and commissions and sketch covers for $60.
- Allen Carter of Carter Comics will be in Artist Alley (L15) with his self-published books, Damn Tourists, Cosmic Force, and Mongoose Mondays. New to the show will be Dead Kansas, a comic adaptation of an award-winning horror film, and Christmas Carol Mongoose Mondays, a yuletide version of the popular interactive illustration series. Anyone who purchases a book from either series will receive a free Damn Tourist postcard!
- Comic book creators Matt and John Yuan will be in the Comic Bug Pavilion with issues of Serving Supes, Inspector Oh, and their self-published Declan and Chang.
- Creator Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be in Artist Alley (F28) showcasing 4 books (Personal Monsters, Wallflowers and Wildflowers Learn Manners, Sepulchre, and Caligula Imperatore Insanum).
Please visit the LA Comic Con website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!
Fanbase Press Signing Schedule
Bryant Dillon (Writer, Something Animal, Identity Thief)
Saturday, October 29
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Robert J. Peterson (Writer of The Odds novel and co-writer of The Odds Audio Drama)