Featured Series

Featured Series

Merciful Minerva! I can barely believe it's already May. The steam from the buzz that Wonder Woman stirred up from her debut in BVS doesn't seem to be going anywhere, as May turns out to be a busy month for the Wonder-verse.

“Look out there. Millions and millions of stars. Millions upon millions of worlds. And right now, half of them are fanatically dedicated to destroying the other half. Now, do you think, if one of those twinkling little lights suddenly went out, anybody would notice? Suppose I offered you ten million bars of gold-pressed latinum to help turn out one of those lights. Would you tell me to keep my money?”
-- Gaila

“You can’t go through life trying to avoid getting a broken heart. If you do, it’ll break from loneliness anyway.”
    -- Dr. Julian Bashir

"A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear." - Marilyn Monroe

An ironic quote from one of the most iconic beauties of our time. She was always seen wearing makeup, but she was equally gorgeous without it.

“There’s no stigma attached to success.”
    -- Dr. Julian Bashir

I’m guessing about 90% of people reading this know what retcon is, but since the remaining 10% don’t and are my mother, I’ll go ahead and explain. Retcon is an adorable abbreviation of Retroactive Continuity, which is a phenomenon found in long-form fiction and most prevalent in comic books. Essentially, something is revealed about a character or situation, and whatever this change is, has been true all along. For example, when Magneto was introduced, he wasn’t a Holocaust survivor, but later writers have made him such and it’s now an indelible element of his character.

Welcome, fellow Amazons! As everyone knows, DC Comics' company-redefining event, "Rebirth," begins this summer. One of the most highly anticipated books getting the "Rebirth" treatment is everyone's favorite Amazon Princess, Wonder Woman.

“Five years ago, no one had ever heard of Bajor or Deep Space Nine and now all our hopes rest here.”
    -- Chancellor Gowron

Occasionally, the writers will not have the same opinion of an episode I do. They were slightly disappointed in this two-parter, which I have said, is my favorite episode(s) of Season 5. Their problem was the pacing which arguably is the “problem” with the two-parter in Season 3 this is something of an unofficial sequel to. The first part is much slower, setting up the dominoes, while the second part moves like a giant rock trying to turn Indiana Jones into a handsome pancake.

When I was little, I was a huge Muppets fan (and still am). I think Wonder Woman may have been the only thing I liked just a little bit more. Imagine my delight when Lynda Carter/Wonder Woman was the celebrity guest on an episode of The Muppet Show dedicated to superheroes.

“Sentiment is the greatest weakness of all.”
    -- Elim Garak


From the writers’ perspective, the story of the fifth season has been getting DS9 back on track. The fourth season was designed to bring in new viewers, and it did that by becoming more like other Trek installments, pushing the Dominion into the background in favor of the more recognizable Klingons. At this point, the brass was well and truly concentrating on Voyager, either pleased with the increased viewership of their odd stationary offspring, or resigned to the modest audience they already had. When I watched DS9 for the first time, week-to-week, I could not have been more happy that we were back to the good stuff. Especially because they decided to kick off the Dominion War in a two-parter, that a) prominently featured my favorite character and b) was a direct sequel to my favorite episode(s) of season 3.

Hola! Greetings, fellow Amazons! I hope you're ready. We have a real treat for you this week! An interview with Wonder Woman: Earth One artist Yanick Paquette. He graciously agreed to a phone interview with me last Friday while he cooked dinner. (I'm still kicking myself for not asking him what he was preparing.)

Page 41 of 71
Go to top