Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press table (Artist Alley Table I-34) to pick up titles including the Eisner Award-nominated Quince, the soon-to-be released A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space, The Margins, Hero Hotel, The Gamma Gals, Penguins vs. Possums, The Arcs, Something Animal, Identity Thief, and the Bram Stoker Award-nominated Fearworms: Selected Poems! Plus, purchase your very own limited edition Quince enamel pin and the official Fanbase Press t-shirt!
Fanbase Press' creators and hosts from the Fanbase Press Podcast Network will also be signing and hosting meet-and-greets throughout the weekend!
Saturday, October 27
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Teresa Jusino (host, Finding Felicity Podcast)
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Clarissa Thorne (creator, A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space)
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Stefano Terry (creator/writer/artist, The Gamma Gals)
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Sebastian Kadlecik (creator, Quince, creator/co-writer/co-illustrator, Penguins vs. Possums)
Sunday, October 28
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Clarissa Thorne (creator, A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space)
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.: Sebastian Kadlecik (creator, Quince, creator/co-writer/co-illustrator, Penguins vs. Possums)
- 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Erik Amaya and Justin Robinson (co-hosts, Tread Perilously Podcast)
Plus, you will not want to miss all of the panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff, which will include the following:
Saturday, October 27
- 11:00 a.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: A 20th Anniversary Retrospective on Blade - Join the hosts of Fanbase Press' flagship podcast, The Fanbase Weekly, for one of their trademark "Fanbase Feature" panel discussions - this time focusing on the 20-year anniversary of director Stephen Norrington's Blade starring Wesley Snipes. Along with their special guests Hannibal Tabu (Comic Book Resources, Irrational Numbers), Gavin Hignight (Avengers Assemble, Star Wars: Resistance), and Robert J. Peterson (California Coldblood Books, CC2K), the podcast co-hosts (Bryant Dillon, Clarissa Thorne, and Drew Siragusa) will examine the plot, characters, and themes in this precursor to the comic book movie boom and the Marvel Cinematic Universe! (Room 406)
- 1:00 p.m.: Finding Your Genre moderated by Michael Tanner and featuring Chris Ryall, Lion Forge's Amanda Meadows, Henry Barajas, Quince creator Sebastian Kadlecik, and The Comic Bug's Mike Wellman. (Room 308)
Sunday, October 28
- 12:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Creating Culturally Relevant Stories and Characters - When creating engaging characters and storylines, how do comic book writers, artists, and publishers lead the way in providing new voices, characters, perspectives, and stories that better reflect our society as a whole? Led by Fanbase Press Editor-in-Chief Barbra Dillon, this panel - including Sebastian Kadlecik (Quince), Kristen Parraz (Comadres y Comics), Stefano Terry (The Gamma Gals), and the Yuan Twins (Inspector Oh) will discuss the avenues taken by comic book industry professionals to create culturally relevant characters and stories that better reflect and represent their readership. (Room 404)
- 2:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Swords, Sandals, Sorcery, and Other Worlds - Ancient Greek and Roman mythologies inspired many narratives throughout history. Known as peplums or “sword and sandal” in the 1950s-60s, the genre has been reinvigorated by the presence of sorcery and story settings in other worlds. Often challenging to define, our panelists - including Tiffany Carmel Lake (Stelletwal Series), Nicholas Diak (The New Peplum: Essays on Sword and Sandal Films and Television Programs Since the 1990s), D.J. Kirkbride (The Once and Future Queen), and Josh Henaman (Bigfoot: Sword of the Earthman) - will historicize the genre and explore stories that entertain comic book readers today in a discussion led by Fanbase Press Editorials Manager Michele Brittany. (Room 409)
- 3:00 p.m.: Women on the Dark Side moderated by Fanbase Press' Barbra Dillon and featuring Susan Lee (Wraith of Love, Shadow of the Knight), Maria Alexander (Snowed, Mr. Wicker), Anne Toole (Curse of the Pharaohs/Assassins Creed, Mine! anthology), and Dr. Suzana E. Flores (UNTAMED: The Psychology of Marvel’s Wolverine) (Room 308)
INDIE CREATORS IN ATTENDANCE
In addition, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- The Yuan Twins will be in the Sketchy Bug Pavilion (Table I-12) highlighting their latest series, Love Town.
- Ginger Rabbit Studio will be in Artist Alley (Table C-13) debuting the micro-anthology, Red: Golden Age Mixtape, with contributors including Giulie Speziani, Leonie O’Moore, Rob Harrington, Jared Sams, Kenny Keil, and Nathaniel Osollo. Plus, Cash & Carrie Book 2 will be launching its new crowdfunding campaign on Friday!
- Writer/artist Joshua Hauke will be in Artist Alley (Table I-25) with his new book, SWEATER VEST SWITCHEROO, and a special Halloween poster, along with 10 monster prints.
- Writer David Pepose (Spencer & Locke) will be in Artist Alley (Table J4) with copies of his Ringo Award-nominated series.
- Comic book creators Matt and John Yuan will be in the Comic Bug Pavilion with issues of Serving Supes, Inspector Oh, and their self-published Declan and Chang.
- Creator Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be in the Sketchy Bug Pavilion (Table J-12) showcasing Demon Bitch: Hellfire and Damnation, some new prints, copies of the 2018 Ringo Award-winning Mine! The Planned Parenthood Anthology, and Fantagraphics Real Deal #8.
- Writer/artist Eddie De Angelini (Collectors) will be in Artist Alley (Table E2) with copies of his new Collectors Annual #4 available for purchase, along with his other Collectors merch. Eddie will also be hosting a big giveaway; people who purchase from his table get entered to win a set of amazing key issues, including Black Panther #1, Wolverine #1, and X-Men #130.
- Writer Madeleine Holly-Rosing will be at the Source Point Press booth (#1000). The publisher will be releasing the first six issues of Boston Metaphysical Society, and Madeleine will be selling issue #1 with a variant cover.
- Writer D.J. Kirkbride will be in the Sketchy Bug Pavilion with copies of Errand Boys #1. He will be selling signed copies for $4 each, or customers can get one copy for free with the purchase of one of his trade paperback collections (The Once and Future Queen, Amelia Cole, The Bigger Bang, The Biggest Bang, and Never Ending). D.J. will be sharing the table with cartoonist Douglas Gauthier who will have his fun zines and some handmade toys avaialble.
- Whedonopolis / Fandom Charities Inc. will have a table in Karma Korner with other incredible nonprofit organizations. They will be promoting their biggest charity fundraising event, WhedonCon 2019 (a.k.a. "Season 4" ) and Outreach social events such as Trivia and Tabletop Game nights. Special discount code to receive $40 off weekend badges will be released to those who stop by their table. Plus, those who purchase WhedonCon badges at their table during LACC will receive an exclusive tshirt.
Please visit the LA Comic Con website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!