Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press booth in the Artist Alley area (I-10) to meet the creators of Penguins vs. Possums, Something Animal, Identity Thief, and Fearworms: Selected Poems! In addition, co-hosts Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward of the critically acclaimed podcast, The Arkham Sessions, will be on hand to meet listeners and field questions about Batman: The Animated Series! (Fanbase Press' creator signing schedule may be found below.) As a special treat, Fanbase Press will be selling select art prints and the official Fanbase Press t-shirt, so that attendees may show their geek pride in style. Plus, don't miss your chance to pre-order a copy of Fanbase Press' upcoming all-ages graphic novel, Hero Hotel, and take home your very own exclusive hero sketch by writer/artist Yehudi Mercado!
You will not want to miss all of the panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff and contributors, which will include the following:
Saturday, September 17
- 12:30 p.m.: #MakeComics: The Art of Lettering with Michele Brittany (Creators' Lab - S5)
- 3:30 p.m.: #MakeComics: How to Build an Audience from Scratch with Barbra Dillon and Madeleine Holly-Rosing (Creators' Lab - S5)
- 5:00 p.m.: The Arkham Sessions Presents: A Spotlight on Jimmy Palmiotti Featuring the Psychology of Harley Quinn with Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward (Danger Room - S1)
- 5:30 p.m.: #MakeComics: The Art of Coloring with Michele Brittany (Creators' Lab - S5)
In addition, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Writer Russell Nohelty and Wannabe Press will be at Artist Alley C-2, giving out free buttons for anybody that is on or signs up for their mailing list, as well as doing free drawings for anyone that asks.
- Author Justin Robinson (Mr. Blank, City of Devils, Daughters of Arkham) will be exhibiting in the Artist Alley Area (J-3) with copies of his entire novel collection and special promotions for Fifty Feet of Trouble (the sequel to City of Devils) and The Daughter Gambit (the sequel to Coldheart). (You can always spot his booth by looking for the red banner and the question mark!)
- Writer Madeleine Holly-Rosing and her series, Boston Metaphysical Society, will be at Artist Alley J-8 with the complete six-issue series, as well as the anthology Boston Metaphysical Society: Prelude and Kickstarter for the Independent Creator. (Don't forget the new, awesome Steampunk dirigible lapel pin!)
- Writer and artist Joshua Hauke will be exhibiting in the Artist Alley Area (L-7) selling copies of his all-ages series, Tales of the Brothers Three, and debuting his latest book in the series, Potato-Brained Ideas.
- Allen Carter of Carter Comics will be in Artist Alley (I-8) with copies of his comic book series, Cosmic Force, Damn Tourists, Mongoose Mondays, and Blooob in the City.
- Digital and comic book writer/artist Mike Collins will be at Booth 1132 representing Tiki Machine with copies of Li'l Lucy.
Please visit the Long Beach Comic Con website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event. In addition, follow Long Beach Comic Con on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and information.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!
Fanbase Press Signing Schedule
Bryant Dillon (Writer, Something Animal, Identity Thief)
Saturday, September 17
10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Sebastian Kadlecik (Creator/Writer/Artist, Penguins vs. Possums)
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Robert Payne Cabeen (Writer/Artist, Fearworms: Selected Poems)
6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.: Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward (Co-Hosts, The Arkham Sessions)