Fanbase Press founders Bryant and Barbra Dillon invite you to celebrate the release of the oversized hardcover collecting the full English and Spanish editions of the Eisner-nominated bilingual comic book series, Quince. Attendees will be treated to food, music, and a photo booth to commemorate the special occasion!
The hardcover will also feature:
- a foreword by Gloria Calderón Kellett (Executive Producer/Showrunner/Director/Actor, One Day at a Time)
- a foreword by Peter Murrieta (Executive Producer/Showrunner/Writer, Mr. Iglesias)
- an academic essay by Frederick Luis Aldama (Distinguished University Professor and Eisner Award-winning author of Latinx Superheroes in Mainstream Comics)
- a study guide by Dr. Theresa Rojas (Professor, Modesto Junior College)
- an art gallery by artists/cartoonists Javier Hernandez (El Muerto), Sabrina Cintron (The Witches’ Grimoire, La Borinqueña), Malena Bonilla (Twitter: @Malbondesigns, Instagram: @malbondesigns), and Jose Cabrera
- a heartfelt letter to the reader by creator Sebastian Kadlecik.
Copies of the book will be available for sale at the release party, and the following members of the creative team will be on hand for signing:
- Creator: Sebastian Kadlecik (Penguins vs. Possums)
- Writer: Kit Steinkellner (Facebook Watch’s Sorry for Your Loss)
- Artist: Emma Steinkellner (The Okay Witch)
- Foreword: Peter Murrieta (Exec. Producer/Showrunner/Writer, Mr. Iglesias)
- Study Guide: Dr. Theresa Rojas (Modesto Junior College)
- Art Gallery: Jose Cabrera
ABOUT QUINCE: THE DEFINITIVE BILINGUAL EDITION
Quince follows a year in the life of Lupe, a 15-year-old girl who discovers that her quinceañera brings with it a super cool party . . . and superpowers. Her quince powers only last as long as she’s fifteen, so over the course of this rollercoaster year, we follow the adventures of Lupe as she figures out what it really means to be a hero.
For more information on Quince: The Definitive Bilingual Edition, please visit www.QuinceComic.com or www.fanbasepress.com. Quince may also be found on Facebook and Twitter, @QuinceComic.
ABOUT FANBASE PRESS
Founded in 2010, Fanbase Press celebrates fandoms and creates new ones! As a comic book publisher and geek culture website, Fanbase Press produces new and distinctive works, as well as daily reviews, interviews, and podcasts, that span the pop culture spectrum and give voice to the themes, ideals, and people that make geekdom so exceptional.
Fanbase Press’ previous titles - including the 2018 Eisner Award-nominated Quince, the 2019 IPPY Award-winning A Geek’s Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space, the 2014 Bram Stoker Award-nominated Fearworms: Selected Poems, The Sequels, The Margins, The Gamma Gals, Something Animal, Identity Thief, The Arcs, and Penguins vs. Possums - are available online at www.fanbasepress.com and on Amazon, as well as digitally through ComiXology.