Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press booth (Booth #121) to pick up copies of the 2018 Eisner Award-nominated Quince, the 2019 IPPY Award-winning A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space, the 2014 Bram Stoker Award-nominated Fearworms: Selected Poems, The Sequels, The Margins, The Gamma Gals, Something Animal, Identity Thief, The Arcs, and Penguins vs. Possums,. As a special treat, Fanbase Press will be selling limited edition Quince enamel pins, Fanbase Press pins, and Fanbase Press t-shirt in sizes Small - XXL, so that attendees may show their geek pride in style.
You will not want to miss the following panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff and contributors, which will include the following:
Saturday, August 31
- 11:30 a.m.: In for the Long Haul: Keeping Your Indie Project Alive - Ten years ago at the first-ever Long Beach Comic Con, Clint and Dawn Wolf debuted their indie webcomic, Zombie Ranch. A decade later, they're still going! Join them, and a panel of their fellow veterans, as they discuss staying dedicated to your project through good times and bad, avoiding the specter of burnout, and changing and improving while still holding on to what you and your audience love about what you do. Moderated by Barbra Dillon (editor-in-chief, Fanbase Press) and featuring Clint and Dawn Wolf (Zombie Ranch), Diana Levin (Ghoulish Bunny Studios), and Erik Amaya and Justin Robinson (Tread Perilously Podcast). (Room 103B)
- 2:30 p.m.: Enter: The Latina Superhero - The need for positive Latina representation has been heard. Join a stellar lineup of creators who have answered the call by giving an authentic voice to Latina superheroes. Panelists include Alvaro Rodriguez (creator of Netflix’s new animated series, Seis Manos), Kayden Phoenix (creator, Jalisco & Santa), Amanda Julina Gonzalez (illustrator, Jalisco & Santa), and Barbra Dillon (editor-in-chief of Fanbase Press, Quince). (Room 104A)
Sunday, September 1
- 11:00 a.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Inclusivity in Comics Is More than a Buzzword - The comic book fanbase is a diverse landscape of readers, representing all genders, nationalities, ethnicities, sexual preferences, physical and neural abilities, and ages. As the industry continues to evolve, so too should the diversity of its creators, characters, titles, and genres in order to better represent its fanbase. Led by Fanbase Press Editor-in-Chief Barbra Dillon, this panel - including Vita Ayala (The Wilds, Age of X-Man: Prisoner X), Sebastian Kadlecik (Quince, Penguins vs. Possums), and Mike Ahn and Seol Young Lee (Out of Order) - will discuss the importance of inclusivity in the comic book medium and the ways in which they are making the greatest efforts to bring diversity and inclusivity to their work. (Room 103A)
CREATOR SIGNING SCHEDULE
Fanbase Press will also be joined by its creators for the following signings at Booth #121 throughout the weekend:
- Identity Thief artist Meaghan O'Keefe will be signing on Saturday, August 31, from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Quince creator and Penguins vs. Possums creator/co-writer/co-artist Sebastian Kadlecik will be signing on Sunday, September 1, from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
INDIE CREATORS IN ATTENDANCE
Last, but certainly not least, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Comic book writer Nicholas Doan of Monster Elementary will be at the Pulp Fiction booth (#108).
- Soaper extraordinaire Chris Rubin of Bubbles and Things Soaps will be at Makers Market Table #1611 with fandom-inspired soaps from Star Wars, Aliens, Stranger Things, The Shining, and many more. Plus, they will also debut their new line of Harry Potter-inspired soaps at the con!
- Comic book writer D.J. Kirkbride will be in Artist Alley (Table 1301) with his graphic novels, including the limited series, Errand Boys.
- Comic book writer Norm Harper of Karate Petshop and the Fanbase Press series, The Sequels, will be in Artist Alley (Table 1304) with his graphic novels, including the Eisner Award-nominated Rikki and Lion Forge's Haphaven. He will also be participating in the panel, "Building Worlds in Comics and Beyond," on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. in Room 103A.
- Comic book writer Justin Peniston of Big & Tall Tales/Hunter Black will be in Artist Alley at Table #1010 with print versions of their first chapter (48 pages!) for $5…and if you buy it and decide you want to finish the story with the trade paperback, they’ll take that $5 off the price of the trade, marking it down from $30 to $25!
- Comic book writer/artist Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be at Artist's Alley table 1201! She will also be on the "How to be F*cking Offensive in Comics" panel on Sunday at 3 p.m. in Room 103A.
Please visit the Long Beach Comic Con website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event. In addition, follow Long Beach Comic Con on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and information.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!